Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

:: i am MusLim ::

current mood : serene
current song : permintaan hati by letto


I have always love to read, and really I don’t mind spending on it. I read with the aim to seek knowledge. Walking about in Popular Bookstore (Melaka), I stumped onto Dina Zaman’s I AM MUSLIM. First glance doesn’t really beat, looking at the dull, gray cover page, but when I skimmed through few pages, I have to admit myself “The content is different from other contemporary book."


honest. transparent. and the writing style is very different. actually, it is the compilation of articles which she wrote in her blog, and some of them come from the Malaysiakini.com column.

In my personal opinion, she is a liberalist, who's travel to search the meaning of being a muslim and to deepen her faith. She meets shamans, nationalist, moderates, and gets into all sorts of scrapes to discover what Islam means to Muslims in Malaysia.

I may not 100% ly agree to what she wrote, but through this book we are able to test our faith, and how strong we believe and hold to Islam.
Read and think, that is the key. Do not swallowed everything, what she thinks/writes does not means it is correct.


p/s : byk gila tag nk kne buat... kay punya dh dua, amad punya lg... huhu... sabar ye kwn2...hehe


6 comments:

ShOoT_mE said...

owh, ni buku yg ko bc tu kn..
nanti dh abis nk pinjam bley x?

~rukia_kuchiki said...

dh abes baca.. nnti aku pinjamkan

~`KaY`~ said...

hahahaha...akak...nanti nk minta tlg akak ni../hihihih...
return tag..jgn lupa kakakaka...=D

~rukia_kuchiki said...

okes..heh

d ordinary me said...

menarik...thanx 4 sharing^^

salam sayang dari kakSue(^_^)

sueLoveArt said...

rukia, kakSue baru beli buku ni tadi...
seram melihat kandungannya. tak sabar nak luangkan masa dan baca.ehe^^

 

Text